How to get the best deal for you
Now you’re ready to buy broadband with confidence. It’s time to speak to your provider and shop around to find the best deal for you.
There are lots of deals available, and choosing the right one can be tricky. If you’re speaking to your current provider or shopping around, here’s what to check.
Questions to ask your broadband provider
- Am I still in my initial contract period?
- How much am I paying?
- What am I getting for that price?
- How fast should my broadband be to do the things I want?
- Can I get a faster service, and how much will it cost?
- How long is that contract for?
- Are there any connection fees with a new deal?
- What happens at the end of the initial contract period?
Once you have the information you need, you can decide to:
- Upgrade to a faster service
- Stick with the same speed service, but sign up to a new deal with your provider
- Switch to a new deal with a different provider
- Stick with the deal you're on
Need more help?
Check out our jargon buster to help guide you through some of the language broadband providers use to describe their services and contracts.
Learn some other ways to boost your broadband and take a look at our research into the best and worst performing broadband providers when it comes to quality of service.
If you’re not happy with what your current provider is offering, you can shop around for a deal that suits you.
You could use a price comparison site to check the different deals on offer. Ofcom accredits a number of comparison sites to ensure they are accurate, accessible, transparent and up-to-date.
You can also compare broadband deals with Which? Switch Broadband and find out if you could save money.
Which? Also has free consumer rights advice on how to complain if you're having broadband issues and what you can do to try to speed up your connection.
If you need any extra help or advice you can contact Ofcom on 0300 123 3333